Tear Gas Is One Helluva Gas!

Dearest Reader,

Tear Gas GRANADE!!
A happy week 4 to all earthlings. A wonderful and prosperous 2012 to all! Seriously, let us all grow from strength to strength. Let us all be more of who we desire to be. These are my personal desires and my desires for all that exist. Yes, I am feeling good, peaceful, and at ease. I am having that rapid heartbeat thing again, but other than that, I am good.

Oh, wait!! I am not completely good physically. On Friday, I ran into some teargas and I've been feeling a little under the weather ever since. No, I wasn't protesting somewhere, nor did I get gassed out by the authorities for shady business like a home coke-lab.

I was just in the nightclub in Rosebank when all of a sudden, the club went from full to empty in 30 seconds from my vantage point. And then, I saw people coughing, covering their eyes and acting strange, and I wondered what the hell had just happened. Not being too concerned for some odd reason, I figured that, if something really bad had happened, my friend would have told me and fetched me from where I was sitting, which he didn't... But, I should have known. When black people run, you run with them and ask questions later. SMH! But, what did I do? I saw people run off and watched.

Then, after I was literally the only one left in the club, say about 5 minutes after it cleared, I began to sneeze a bit. Now, it started to connect (incorrectly). People cleared the club fast, people were covering their faces, and also I had heard the DJ announce that they were clearing the club on purpose so I came to the conclusion that it was just time to leave, but still I didn't anticipate. My friend would have fetched me and I just saw him walk across the empty club, so it's all good. As a matter of fact, I remember reaching for my phone to tweet the following: "Jeez! Clubs nowadays use chemical warfare to get patrons out. I swear they teargassed us", but I didn't get time to tweet it.

This would have been a joke tweet. I didn't actually think that there was teargas in the air. I mean, WTF? Teargas? That's so 90s. That's so Occupy Movement. "Of course, there can't be teargas in a relatively upmarket club", I thought. Even the thought of teargas had me thinking that I am so dramatic to even think of it. I remember thinking to myself that I have watched too much tv to think that far. Little did I know that I was right on the money.

As I left the VIP area to find my friend, the sneezing started getting seriously heavy. Then my throat started to burn, and then, my eyes started burning slightly, and I knew that I was inhaling something that was attacking my mucous membranes. Yes, that's exactly what I thought. I said to myself, "whatever it is that's in the air is attacking my mucous membranes..." LOL I thought of Ammonia, and thought that I should be careful how I breathed from then onward, i.e. slow, shallow breaths. The further I went from the VIP area, the worse it got, until I decided to go near the doorway and this is when I finally saw my friend again, waved to him and went to ask him what in God's Earth was going on with this joint.

My New Night Club Look From Now On!
Instead I asked him whether he was done with the club because I am getting allergies, I told him, and he said he had one little thing to do and asked me to wait. Thereafter, I sneezed even more, so much that I asked one of the waiters for some serviettes or something. This was when the waiter said I must go to the bathroom for that. BIG MISTAKE!!!

I entered the bathrooms and this was the epicenter of the teargas bomb attack! There it was thick and hazardous that I literally had to sprint out of the bathroom to get to safer air. This in 6 inch heels. I fumbled with my left hand as my eyes were not seeing clearly anymore in order to find the exit, and with my right hand I covered my mouth and nose. I also decided to stop breathing completely and I held my breath in but, this meant that I was holding in teargas, but at least I wasn't getting anymore in??? I dunno which was better, but with the shallow, deep breaths I was taking, it didn't catch me at full blast, and I had enough air in my lungs to get out of there. Anyway, I can hold my breath for more than a minute easily so it wasn't too big a deal.

As I got out of the bathroom, I almost got on my knees from the discomfort, but because I just don't panic like that among company, I walked as if nothing big had happened as I rejoined the bar area where my friend, club manager and some waiters were. At this time, my nose was running, and I literally had mucous of H2O viscosity dripping like a loose tap out of my nose, but I masked it with my hand by doing the coke addict nose touch. This is when I told my friend that he must not enter the bathrooms because whatever was in the air, was thickest there, and I told him that I was going outside for air.

When I got outside, this is when I found out that it was indeed teargas. I must have taken at most 4 breaths from running out of the bathroom, pretending as if I wasn't phased, telling my friend I am going out for air and walking slowly out the club in order to not raise my heart rate which would have required me breathe in  more air than I should.

I stood outside alone looking cool, calm and collected, while taking long, deep breaths. Thank God for meditation and breathing exercises for teaching me how to lower my heart rate. Honestly, if I had panicked, I would have breathed more, but I wasn't totally spared. the fact that I was withholding the air in my lungs also means that I allowed the teargas to react more in my lungs.

The result is that, my chest is still sore, even now, as if I have flu. My throat is not as sore anymore, but my voice is low and cracking. My eyes have not been seeing as clearly as I know them to be either because I have been wearing my glasses more since then. Lastly, I have just felt a little fragile.

The one time I decide to go clubbing, this happens, and had I not been the type to insist on being seated in a separate area (VIP) I would have been more damaged than I am now. I was supposed to play at a gig in Newtown today but I couldn't. All I have done since Friday was take painkillers for my chest and anti-histamines for the insistent sneezing. Seriously, my nose won't forget this saga. neither will my lungs. My lungs are burning as if I was smoking 10 smokes at once with no filter And, what a waste... I was feeling fabulous these days. Now... I feel bleh.

Tomorrow is Veronnica Day. That's the day when my new team meets for all things me related. I meet my new stylists called The Glam Squad which is exciting. This is a meeting which includes my manager, my artist management company (agent, strategists and media, ICT solutions and IT solutions guys) and a whole bunch of  beautiful people who have come together to make my business a success. I will write about these fabulous people on a future blog because the point to this blog is also to help upcoming artists to do it right.

What I mean is that, I am not into this whole thing of pretending to have money to make money. I believe in making money! Period! I believe in business and business must be treated as such, professionally. A music career is 50% business, which is what Veronnica Days are about, and the other 50% is about me and my artistry. I am good in business. I get a lot of idiots ask me why it took me so long to make it if I was actually good at what I do? My answer to those idiots is this: EXCELLENCE!

MLK wasn't good at what he did. His dream didn't even come  true, let alone in a year!! 
I am not trying to be famous! I am not trying to make money! I am not trying to be a broke musician! I am not trying. Period. I am doing! And, when I DO, I DO it right! To do it right, I will wait for as long as it takes to get things right. I am the least desperate person I know because I do not NEED anything. I desire things. I am patient, deliberate and systematic. I have never heard of a successful, power to be reckoned with, business person who went from envisioning a venture to implementing it in a year. It does take years to create empires, and to create excellence. Mediocrity takes a year. And, I am not mediocre. I am something else. Those who feel it can feel it. Those who have seen it have seen it. Those who are mediocre have been blind to it. I have never done anything halfheartedly or for the wring reasons because I am a thinker first before anything.

What am I talking about?

I am talking about IMMORTALITY! I am talking about leaving LEGACIES behind that will be in the story of the people left behind! I am talking about changing the way "the game" is played. That takes a while. That takes sacrifices. That takes perseverance and staying power. Actually, if you don't believe me google multi-millionaires and half inherited their money, the rest worked for it. Those who worked for it had to envision their desires, plan how to achieve their desires and then implement their desires and lived a happy life. I am not one of those people who happen on things mistakenly. I am deliberate in all that I have ever had.

So, ask me again why if I am talented, why I am not a success yet? Then I ask you to look at yourself, because the only person who can ask such a question is someone who isn't in the big leagues. Sorry, but that is true. I have never met a millionaire who asked me that about my music in this manner. Actually, the millionaires I know are so supportive, and all I hear from them is that I must keep at it, do it right, and do it according to MY vision, not other people's visions. but I have met a lot of average Joes who ask me that question and they left me baffled for some time, but now I know..

Anyway... I digress. This blog was about me being choked up by teargas. Not answering questions from people without vision or business instincts. SMH! I mean, even an MBA would never ask me such a dumb question because it takes more than a year to get an MBA, so, yeah...

Anyway, I need some cough mixture and some tea.

Ciao!

Veronnica Wolpendz

P.S. The team calling our meetings Veronnica Day is more than my ego can handle. Already, this has made my mind wonder... I imagine myself having a holiday named after me. I mean... why not? I have the ability to do great things, so why not have a holiday named after me? But, please... Only after I am dead. Okay, guys? Make it every Friday the 13th!! LMAO!

Bye-bye. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ugh! Bleh! Whatever!

A Voice Message From Me.

I am the Phantom Menace Incarnate!