Music, Activism and Daydreams!

Dearest Readers,

(I should have said, "Dearest Americans" since most of my readers are from there, because I am bitter that my home country couldn't be arsed about this blog, but for the handful that DO read, I will not say such.)

*ahem*

Where was I? Oh yes, I was graciously greeting my wonderful readers who keep on increasing with time, in an alarming rate. Thank you for reading my blog.

Me, blurred, in front of the Mic
It has been some time since I last updated this self-centered blog of mine. I apologize for my obvious neglect and lack of care, but I had better things to do these last few weeks. This is not to say that this blog is not important, but I had a lot of work to do in studio, i.e. recording my music, which is pretty much the purpose of my life. I hope you all understand. I love making music, I love the prospect of more people hearing it, and so, when the opportunity arises for me to do things that take me closer to achieving such, I drop everything.

My hand doing what my hands were born to do
I have also been meeting new people, being more social than my usual scary, hermit self. That didn't go so well. I got highly annoyed, extremely, and soon retreated to my cavern of solitude again. But, I am grateful to know experientially that I haven't been missing out on anything in the world out there. It is still as I thought it was, crap. It is still a world filled with pretentious little idiots who don't know their asses from their mouths, resulting in grown people speaking shit. This is not new, though. It has always been this way, but I am glad that my solitary ways have not gone in vain.
The Night Vigil Protest against The Secrecy Bill

I have also been doing a bit of activism lately. I know, a loner activist is quite the dichotomy but it happens when you put a male, attractive activist in the mix. Yes, I became political for a short while before I became quite sick of politics because I think politics are the personification of bullshit. Anyway, I was an activist for a good cause, and it was worth being mobilized for such. You see, the South African government is trying to take away our rights in a very shifty way by passing a bill called The Secrecy Bill, which prevents civilians to possess and/or report about any classified document, which could be anything really. And, if found with such documents, you go to jail with no fine for a callosal amount of years.  You know what, since it seems like I don't know what I am talking about, go to this website and read about it: http://www.timeslive.co.za/opinion/commentary/2011/09/18/the-sinister-heart-of-the-secrecy-bill-laid-bare

Walked all of Jhb, almost died and felt good!
The second activist shindig I went to was called Slutwalk. I was a marshal, which I thought meant I just stood at certain points of the walk and direct people where necessary, but to my surprise, I had to walk too. It was only a 3.5km's walk, but you have no idea how unfit I am, so to me, it felt as if I was climbing Mount Kilimanjaro. The walk was hilly, and halfway through I thought I was going to die, or at least I looked that way as the eyeliner and make-up melted and the walk became forced and senior citizen-ish. Just imagine those zombies from the Thriller music video to understand how I looked and felt. It was fun though. I met a lovely girl called Kelly who I am going to hook up with when I crave humans again, and as we walked together shouting, "No Means No! Yes Means Yes" we giggled, and high-fived each other in jubilation. I think the joy must have been the result of endorphins kicking in from the exercise, or the funny slogan, but either way, I was grateful to no longer be in pain.

What else was occupying my time?

When the dog turned into Ryan Gosling...
Oh yes! I was fucking like a dog on heat! Errrr... no, that was the steamy daydreaming that has been taking over my mind at every moment of physical inactivity: no real fornication unfortunately! Like in cartoons, when a character is hungry, I saw a dog and it turned into a hot Ryan Gosling look-alike right before my eyes. Thankfully I blinked in the nick of time before I sexually assaulted the poor pooch. Yes, my love life can have the code name: Desert Storm, dry and tumultuous, but I am not complaining. I like my life at the moment, and I plan to like it even more soon. Someone's bound to notice me, FFS!

Anyway, my friends of the Earth, that is all I have for you right now. I hope you all have a lovely October, and a lovely life. I sincerely hope that we could all be as glad and as happy as I feel. You don't need too much to be happy. You just need what you desire to be happy. I have it all, love, music, causes, kinky daydreams... I'm living the good life, for sure. I hope you are too. If you aren't, change your perspective a little.It might help.

Well, thank you for reading.

Veronnica Wolpendz loves you so much!!

Love, Peace and Power to all of US!! Freeeeddddooooom!!! *fist in the air*


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ugh! Bleh! Whatever!

Victory!

I am the Phantom Menace Incarnate!